Saturday, September 25, 2010

What makes a movie your favorite?

I was flipping through the channels and found one of my all time favorite movies on last night. Return to Snowy River. I have loved this movie since I as a little girl. I think it is the combination of being set in Australia, the time period, the romance of it all and of course the horses that just draws me in. Not to mention the main character is also pretty good looking. I am pretty sure it is what started my fascination with the continent. The scenery in the movie is gorgeous. If I ever get to Australia I have to go to the Snowy Mountains. I have always enjoyed history and especially love the wild west of the mid to late 1800s. If I could be transported back in time this is the period I would choose, even though life was hard and most died young. To have horses be my main mode of transportation would be a dream come true. The relationships draw me in as well not only between the people but the people and horses as well. It is very easy for me to image myself in the movie.

Some people like movies based on how good the acting or directing is or because a certain actor is in a movie. Some because of the story. For me it is the emotion of it for the most part, only when they make me happy though. I hate sad movies. They can be good movies but I will never watch them again if they make me cry. Yes I just admitted to crying at movies.

What movie is your favorite and why?

No comments: