Monday, September 13, 2010

My best friend for the last 21 years.


Not quite what you were expecting huh. This is Spring. I got her when I was eight years old. She was only three and quite scrawny and in need of some TLC. She was also quite ornery and in need of training. For some reason when I saw I her I just had to have her. My Mom on the other hand was not so sure. She was not real fond of appaloosas, the breed of horse which Spring is. But it didn't matter to me. I said pretty please enough and she gave in and let me have her.

That first year she probably bucked me off almost every time I got on her. Over the years she became my best friend. We have been through a lot together her and I. When I had no friends she was there for me. We went to camps and family vacations together. I told her all my secrets and she always there for me. The bond between a girl and her horse is very special and I am lucky enough to have kept that through so many years.

No comments: