Friday, October 9, 2009

How it all began.


My interest in photography started at a young age. For some reason I have always been fascinated by photographs. My Dad would take these great pictures from his hunting trips. They made me want to know how to compose photos like that. Then there was my sister, the model of the family. She was always dressing up and making me take pictures of her. This all led to me doing my eighth grade career project on photography. My parents had an old Minolta SLR (pictured above) not being used that they let me have. My dad showed me the basics and I taught my self the rest by reading and trial and error. Much trial and error if you look at the album of horrible pictures I have as the end result from that project. And that my friends is how and where my passion for photography began. How about you? Where did you get your passion for the thing you love to do most?

P.S. I just happen to find this camera on my last visit to Tillamook. I had asked my Mom a few weeks before if she knew where it was, which she did not. Then I happen to walk by some storage items and spotted it when I was there.

No comments: