Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday.

1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
The only thing I can think of is a blanket that I had to have for a few years when I was really little.

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?

Just one thing? I have to always have my camera, something to read, and chapstick. The rare times when I don't have one of those things the other two usually keep me sane and take my mind off of what I am missing.

3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
The shower. Everything always seems a little better when I am closed off in my own little world with the water warming me.

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
The way he can make me laugh. The things he comes up with sometimes just crack me up.

5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
My favorite thing about my job as a mom is Dylan's laughter, nothing makes me happier than hearing his laugh. When it comes to photography it is capturing such moments. Working at the store my favorite thing is that I am with Cory.

6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
To appreciate what you have and not take life for granted. No matter how little it is, there is someone who always has it worse. It is definitely a value that will be taught to my children.

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
Fishing in the Dark by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. It always takes me back to when I was little. My family and several others would camp out not far from home. All our friends would be there. We ride horses and play in the creek together getting dirty. Friends that have passed on and friends I still have today. This is the one song that always gets played at weddings and celebrations to this day.

8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
The land itself. We have a country that has every possible scenery imaginable. We are all free to explore this beautiful land of ours.

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Spaghetti or fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy.

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
I really don't know. If I had to guess I would say my compassion for others maybe and my willingness to just listen to your problems. This is a hard one for me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The shower is a great choice for #3. I kind of wish I would've thought of it!

#9 - I love all those, yum!

I hope you're having a great Tuesday.